Of Immediate Interest:
Does Your Family Member with Autism Now — or Perhaps Could — Receive Medicaid-Reimbursed Services?
The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services have released a notice clarifying the rules on Medicaid autism coverage for children and adolescents. This CMS bulletin, released Monday, has information about the services covered by the Medicaid state plan and how to qualify for coverage. It may also affect individuals’ eligibility for Medicaid waivers.
“System 1-2-3” Addresses Severe Behaviors
Sharon Rupert, recently retired from Westmoreland Intermediate Unit 7, Supervisor for early intervention, was awarded a grant to fund a two-year project with “System 1-2-3” that provides intensive professional development in the form of a workshop series, in-services, and ongoing supportive services in individual classroom settings.
All staff members are included in the process of building teams that meet and deal effectively with the social-emotional needs of students with even the most challenging behaviors.
Head of the innovative System 1-2-3 is Dan Richardson, behavior analyst who has been providing services related to the social and emotional development of preschool children in the Pittsburgh City Schools early intervention program for a number of years. In doing so he has become highly regarded by the district’s early intervention administration.
WIU #7 staff has been highly responsive to the first year of Ms. Rupert’s highly sustainable and capacity building effort. Recently, Dr. Richardson’s group provided presentations for the Building Blocks Conference in Westmoreland County and the Early Childhood Conference for ARIN (Armstrong/Indiana Counties) IU. Additionally, he and his staff are in the process of developing a year-long social skills training program that provides teachers with 20 minute daily activities.
Further information may be obtained from Sharon Rupert at
- Important Medicaid Autism Coverage Information Read more →
- Despite Unknowns, Alternative Autism Treatments in Demand Read more →
- Autism Costs May Top $2 Million Per Person Read more →
- Please take this Autism Subtype Survey Read more →
- Bureau of Autism Services 2014 Family and Individual Mini-Grants Read more →
- Plan Now for Your Child’s Upcoming IEP Read more →
- Feds To Fund Tracking Devices For Kids With Autism Read more →
- Chalk Up a Big One for Autism Employment! Read more →
- Senator Wants Tracking Devices for Kids with Autism Read more →
- Join the Bureau of Autism Services & ASERT to Discuss Needs, Numbers and Programs! Read more →