Of Immediate Interest:
Virginia Tech Autism Clinic – Sibling Study
Through August 31, 2015, the Virginia Tech Autism Clinic in Blacksburg, VA is recruiting siblings of children with autism to participate in a long-distance research study.
Local Students with Autism Paint Penguins Mural
Nickolas Wildman joins other autistic students from Pressley Ridge School for Autism, students from the Art Institute of Pittsburgh, and artists from M.L.K. Mural to paint a mural of the Pittsburgh Penguins greats on the side of a building located across from the Consol Energy Center at the corner of 5th Avenue and Magee Street, Pittsburgh. October, 2014. Nickolas is the son of Davy & Mary Wildman founders of the Autism Society of Butler County.
A Most Responsible Position on Vaccination — Diane Schmitt Nails it!
I would like to contribute my opinion to State Senator Daylin Leach’s intention to introduce legislation to strip philosophical vaccine exemption from the PA code, “Under Pennsylvania bill, exemptions granted on vaccines stand to plummet” http://triblive.com/news/healthnews/7766469-74/leach-pennsylvania-state#ixzz3S41JH1G8.
Autism Society of America — 50 Years and Counting…
In 1965, concerned parents of children who were diagnosed with autism, came together to form what is now called the Autism Society of America. In 1965, parents such as Dr. Bernie Rimland, Dr. Ruth Christ Sullivan, and Dan Torisky, knew that often times the only option for helping their child who was diagnosed with autism was to place their child in an institutional setting.
Does Your Family Member with Autism Now — or Perhaps Could — Receive Medicaid-Reimbursed Services?
The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services have released a notice clarifying the rules on Medicaid autism coverage for children and adolescents. This CMS bulletin, released Monday, has information about the services covered by the Medicaid state plan and how to qualify for coverage. It may also affect individuals’ eligibility for Medicaid waivers.
- Free Medical Support Video Series Read more →
- Virginia Tech Autism Clinic – Sibling Study Read more →
- A Most Responsible Position on Vaccination — Diane Schmitt Nails it! Read more →
- SUPER-KIDS and TERRIFIC TEENS Social Skill Groups Read more →
- ABLE Act Passes in House Read more →
- Tri Medical Diaper Delivery Service Read more →
- CDC Whistleblower: Vaccine Cover-up Since 2002 Read more →
- Emperor’s Hockey Team Celebration 2014 Read more →
- Casey’s Clubhouse 2014 Read more →
- For Parents: Preparing for the School Year Read more →